THE JDK GROUP’s HEIGHTENED EFFORTS TO NAVIGATE THROUGH COVID-19
**This page will be refreshed periodically**
Last update: 04.23.20
The JDK Group’s Response to COVID-19 :
TEMPORARY OFFICE CLOSURE
Due to recent updates regarding the spread of COVID-19, our office will be temporarily closed. Our teams will still be working remotely through this crisis. We ask that you please contact your Event Specialist through their mobile phone number or email. For any new event inquiry, please email us at email@example.com. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Stepping Up Sanitation
Over the past several weeks, we’ve been closely monitoring local and global news sources, the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) website, and the World Health Organization’s (WHO) website in order to better understand the national and global impacts of COVID-19. With every new update and piece of information discovered, our responsibility is to respect how that impacts you and what actions we need to take to continue to keep you safe.
Here are the changes (thus far) we’ve made internally to accomplish this goal:
- We are closely following the Center for Disease Control (CDC), U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA), National Restaurant Association (ServSafe), guidelines and recommendations to proactively adapt our current procedures in order to best protect against spreading the virus.
- All BOH, FOH and additional support staff are required to increase the amount of times they wash their hands. We have increased communication and provided specific instruction with our teams about proper hand washing protocols and proper glove use.
- Any travel outside of PA must be logged and reported to a direct manager and the Executive Leadership Team. Upon return, the employee will be marked for observation and will use the CDC guidelines for quarantine or other precautionary actions.
- Any employee that has been feeling sick is communicated to stay home
- Where appropriate, we use a Quaternary Disinfectant Cleaner and sanitizing wipes and products that are approved by the CDC as capable of killing the COVID-19 virus.
- All food and beverage stations at events will be supplied with hand sanitizer.
- When appropriate, any food station setups and presentation will be modified to reduce communal access
- Facility-wide cleaning practices have increased from our normal intensive cleaning protocols
If you need additional resources to prepare yourself against the spread of COVID-19, please refer to the online resources offered by the Center for Disease Control, World Health Organization, and Pennsylvania Department of Health. You can find those at these web addresses:
Industry Impact and LOCAL DEVASTATING EFFECTS
While businesses across the world are feeling the impact of this pandemic, few industries are bearing the brunt more than the events industry. With a workforce of nearly 6 million people, countless careers and lives have been completely upended by COVID-19.
Moreover, this devastating epidemic has gravely affected our talented teams at The JDK Group. We employ roughly 250+ people among our full-time and part-time teams whose livelihood depends on the revenue from our events. The threatening nature of this virus has required the CDC and government health organizations to place restrictions on events and gatherings of more than 10 people for the next 8 weeks to be postponed to later dates.
Unfortunately, we have had many events cancel due to this set of restrictions. When events cancel, we do not have the means to be able to support our team members.
Without the opportunity to host any events in the upcoming 8 weeks, we do not have any hours to provide our part-time team members and have had to temporarily lay-off these employees. These decisions have been some of the hardest we have had to face in our 32+ year history. The entire Executive Leadership Team has been tirelessly working on efforts in how to best navigate through these uncertain times and provide any and all support we can for our network of family.
SUPPORTING OUR NETWORK OF FAMILY
Some ways we are providing immediate relief to our teams during this crisis include the following:
- We are clearing out our freezers, refrigerators, and pantries to take inventory of all food in our commissary. We will be cooking off and preparing meals to provide directly to our team members in need.
- We are partnering with John Gross Co. to accept food donations from their organization to be able to prepare and divide out amongst our team members.
- In addition to providing food support, we are taking inventory of common household items that are in stock in our warehouse and offering these items to our team members and their families.
- After assessing the amount needed to support our team, our goal is to then partner with government approved purveyors to work on emergency relief services if permitted.
We recognize that we need your help, now more than ever, in order to financially support our people and their families with these unexpected circumstances. Carefully read the steps below to see how you can help these individuals and their families during a time that they really need it.
What can I do to help?
- For those who’ve booked an event with any business in our industry, please postpone instead of canceling your events! Your business is absolutely essential to our workforce, as it allows us to financially sustain the valuable people that make up our respective teams.
- Raise awareness. You can help us spread awareness of the struggle our industry is going through right now by carrying the message through to your social media accounts. Please direct others to this webpage and any associated efforts to help our industry. Use the hashtags, #SaveEvents and #SaveEventsPA to help us get the word out! Simply download the social graphic we’ve created for you to share on your social media accounts. Download here.
- Sign the petition to deliver a much-needed Federal Aid Package for the Events Industry. It takes less than 15 seconds and goes a long way in getting the aid needed across to Capitol Hill!
- Make a donation to those in need. We suggest making a donation to local food banks such as the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank and other locations that are providing food service relief during this time.
EMERGENCY FOOD SERVICE
EMERGENCY FOOD SERVICE
Our teams have the capabilities and are prepared to offer disaster relief and support to those in need during this time of crisis. We have partnered with the American Red Cross in past disasters in providing food service relief to masses of people. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries relating to emergency food service needs. You can also view a letter outlining our capabilities in offering high-volume food production services and emergency mobile kitchen operations through this state of emergency here.
JDK at home
making your days convenient, flavorful, and bright
To help service you during these unprecedented times, we have launched a new line of food service offerings for you and your families – JDK at HOME. From weekly prepared meals to go to pantry provision packages and fresh flowers – we are here for you to help make your quarantine days a bit more convenient, flavorful, and bright.
Quarantine doesn’t have to mean that you can’t still enjoy the gourmet food that you love! Our internationally-awarded JDK culinary professionals have carefully crafted restaurant-style dishes for you to enjoy in the safety and comfort of your own home. Each week we will update the menu items available for order. We’ve prepared options that are designed to feed a household of two-to-four for several meals as well as individual serving options. In order to keep your fridge and freezer stocked, all meals are able to be stored in your refrigerator for up to four days and can be stored in your freezer for up to three months.
Remote Venue Tours & Meetings are Still Available!
Still interested in touring one of our exclusive venues or planning an upcoming event? To respect the social distancing initiative in order to do our part in slowing down the spread of COVID-19, our team of Event Specialists is working remotely. We’re still offering comprehensive virtual tours at our exclusive venues, and can work with you to plan your future events!
We want to ensure that you can continue to plan the life events and celebrations that are important to you while we all weather this crisis.
Please email us at email@example.com for all event-related questions and virtual venue tour requests. For any new event inquiry, simply complete the form.
Please email to Contact Us
The majority of our team is working remotely. We ask that you please contact your Event Specialist through their mobile phone number or email. For any new event inquiry, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Our hearts go out to all of the families, within the U.S. and abroad, who’ve been personally impacted due to this unfortunate virus. We are all in this together and with each other’s support, we will come out on the other side stronger. Please remain aware, safe, and thank you for all the support you provide to us at The JDK Group – it is our honor and privilege to serve you.
If you have questions about any of the information above and want to learn even more about ways you can help during this crisis, please feel free to contact any member of our Executive Leadership Team listed below:
Steve Sanchez, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer – email@example.com
Bob Kiehl, Chief Financial Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Erika Hegedus, Chief Hospitality Officer – email@example.com
Jay Varga, Executive Chef – firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle Hare, Director of Marketing – email@example.com